This Privacy Notice sets out how TravelDecorum, incorporated in the United Kingdom, and its associated trading names, protects the privacy of your personal information. We recognise and acknowledge the importance of your personal data and are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information.
- 1. What information do we collect and why?
The personal data that you share with us when you register for an account, subscribe to newsletters and which you provide to us when using our services, including the information entered into our booking platform and included in your comments, reviews or messages sent via telephone to our Customer Care Team or through the Live Chat.
Special categories of personal data (for example, information concerning your health or revealing religious or sexual orientation that you might voluntary provide us in the course of making a booking by selecting the box "special transportation need" and filling in the empty field or by other means, such as via telephone to our Customer Care Team or through the Live Chat or at any moment when making a booking. We will use the special categories of personal data only as strictly necessary to fulfil your request.
Information about your visits to and use of the Website, such as information about the device and browser you are using, your IP address or domain names of the computers connected to the Websites, uniform resource identifiers for requests made, the time of request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the archive obtained as a response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (correct, error, etc.) and other parameters relative to the operating system and the computer environment used, the date and time that you visited, the duration of your visit, the referral source and website navigation paths of your visit and your interactions on the Website including the Services and offers you are interested in. Please note that we may associate this information with your account.
If you link, connect or login to your account with a third party service (e.g., Facebook, Google), the third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information (i.e. user name, user ID associated with your social media account, picture, email), and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our Website.
To the extent permitted by the applicable law wherein we receive additional information about you, such as fraud detection information and warnings from third party service providers and/or partners for our fraud prevention activities.
- 2. How will we collect this information?
We usually collect your personal data from the information you submit during your relationship with us. The above data may be collected from the following sources:
- a. Information generated about you when you purchase or make enquiries, regarding a travel arrangement; via the phone, email or website
- b. When you subscribe to receive marketing from us (e.g. e-newsletters)
- c. When you speak to our customer services team
- d. When you enter competitions or register for promotions
Where you make a travel booking on behalf of another person (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for an employee), you agree you have obtained the consent of the other person for us to collect, use and disclose the other person's personal information in accordance with this Notice.
- 3. What do we use your personal data for and what is the lawful basis for doing so?
a. In order to perform our duties as a travel agent. The consequences of not providing this information is that we will be unable to complete your booking.
b. Personal and contact details are used for the purposes of completing the travel bookings you make on our site. Similarly, payment information, passport numbers, date of birth, frequent flyer numbers and dietary requirements.
3.2 Legitimate interest
a. For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether or not to offer you certain products and service.
b. Your information may also be utilised for broader reasons, such as: to provide you with travel confirmation and updates on your itinerary, to manage your booking and to allow us to contact you for customer service.
c. We may use your personal information to send you targeted marketing activities; about special offers, new products or competitions. These may include emails, text messages and data messages. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
3.3 With your consent
a. In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters, your personal information may be used, with your explicit consent, to send you relevant promotional fares.
- 4. With whom do we share your personal data?
- Other entities who provide sales, call centre support and administrative services for the fulfilment of your orders and resolving customer services issues.
- External third parties who provide IT technical services, data centre services, call centre support, back office support and email marketing automation services.
- Suppliers for travel arrangements, including flight booking, temporary accommodation, transport and visa arrangements.
- So that you can travel, in certain circumstances, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your personal data for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate.
- 5. For how long do we keep your personal data on file?
a. Personal data is retained as long as is necessary, for the purpose that it was originally obtained
b. To protect us against any contractual claims, generally for a period of 6 years
c. Records are kept in line with legal and regulatory requirements / guidance
- 6. Your rights
- Access to your personal data - This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Correction of your personal data - This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Erasure of your personal data - This enables you to ask us to delete personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law.
- Object to processing of your personal data - This right can be exercised where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Restriction of processing your personal data - This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Transfer of your personal data -This enables you to ask us to transfer your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
- 7. IP addresses
When you visit our website, use any of our mobile applications or open communications from us, our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address.
We collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non- personal data. For example, to monitor the device, browser utilised and geographic locations from where customers and visitors navigate our site.
- 8. Tracking Technologies / Cookies
In addition to the first party cookies mentioned above, we may use anonymised third-party web analytics services on our websites and mobile apps, such as Google analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, to help us analyse how visitors use our websites and apps.
- 10. Visiting our website from outside the United Kingdom
- In case you visit/browse our website from outside the United Kingdom, kindly be alerted that your data may be transferred to/stored in/and processed in the UK. The preservation/protection of the data/information and other laws of the United Kingdom and other countries that your data may be transmitted to may not be as all-inclusive as those in your country, but be assured that we take all the necessary steps to guarantee that your privacy is maintained and protected. By using our features/services, you authorize and fully understand that your information could be transmitted to our facilities and other third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
- 11. How to Reach Us
Email:- Email For General Enquiry: email@example.com Information about travel plans: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call:- Get in touch with our customer care executives for your queries regarding flight tickets, hotel bookings, holiday packages, car hire, cancellation and refund by calling us at free phone: 0207 112 8313
If you have any suggestion, appreciation and feedback to provide for our services and assistance, feel free to drop us a mail at: email@example.com
When you visit the Website and use our Comparison Service (you as a "User") or then purchase our services (you as a "Customer") we collect the categories of personal data as follows:
2.1. Personal data provided by you
The provision of the above personal data, where requested, is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
It is important that all the personal data you give us when you register as a User or otherwise when you use the Website is correct and accurate. This includes, by way of example only, ensuring that we have your correct contact (including email) details at all times.
Please note that we may collect and use information of children only as provided by their parent or guardian or with their consent. If we become aware that we have processed information of a child without the valid consent of a parent or guardian, we reserve the right to delete it.
2.2. Personal data collected automatically from our Website and from third parties
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purpose explained:
Where applicable, we require all external third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data which are as follows:
Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Note, however, that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.